Walnut Creek / Engineering
Senior Technical Project Manager
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Yapstone is seeking a Technical Project Manager who will take on the challenge of managing projects to deliver every project on time, within budget, and within scope. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you are responsible for the planning, coordination, execution, reporting, and completion of projects aligned with company strategy, commitments, customer needs, and goals.
• Partner with Product and engineering leaders to help set the strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for the application(s) teams
• Lead the delivery of projects from concept to completion by collaborating with engineering teams, product management and developing Agile project plans, road mapping, facilitate sprint planning sessions, retrospectives and demos
• Assist the product owner(s) with backlog refinement
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, KPIs, and deliverables for projects
• Identify dependencies across various workstreams within the program, as well as across other projects related to YapStone’s transformation efforts, and work to resolve them
• Provides relevant metrics to gauge team progress with a continual focus on improvement
• Track team progress against deliverables/milestones and work with the team to identify solutions to get back on-track when the team falls behind release schedule
• Work with the engineering team to create delivery sprint timelines of feature sets for projects, and be able to sequence the work based on priorities
• Collaborate with other TPMs to understand cross-team dependencies and prioritize the work to avoid impediments
• Provide appropriate visibility into status, accomplishments, and risks for Product and Engineering Leadership. Report and escalate to management as required. Create dashboards, reports and monitor KPIs via JIRA
• 10+ years hands-on experience in project management, or program management working on software engineering projects
• Experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Direct work experience in a matrix cross functional environment
• Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
• Ability to predict challenges and mitigate risk to project deliverables and timelines
• Advanced JIRA and Confluence knowledge and experience
• Experience with payments projects is a definite plus
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.