Walnut Creek / Engineering
Director, Data Engineering & Business Intelligence
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As the Data Engineering Director at Yapstone, you will lead the development of data systems, processes, and practices, and works closely with stakeholders to collect, prepare, organize, protect, and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. We are seeking an experienced engineering leader capable of the technical leadership and operational oversight necessary to define and implement data and information strategies that drive business decisions and growth.
• Lead technology innovation and oversee the collection, management, storage, quality and protection of data across the organization.
• Own the ingestion, structure, cleanliness, and validation of data from multiple sources
• Define and communicate a common methodology for company-wide metrics owned or monitored by multiple stakeholders.
• Responsible for key executive dashboards that monitor business metrics, customer health, and organizational performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Serve as an internal data consultant and partner to internal business units, such as Sales, Marketing, Client Solutions, Risk, Compliance, Finance, and Technology
• Become a trusted leader and partner to the functional areas of support and proactively identify improvement opportunities
• Manage, and monitor internal controls and processes to ensure compliance with data policies and procedures
• Manage and oversee the Data Engineering team; provide coaching, feedback and ongoing performance management to team members
• Proven skills working with data & analytic solutions and demonstrable knowledge of how they operate from end-to-end
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and collaborating effectively with both business and technical team members
• Ability to work in an exciting, fast paced, high energy environment, effectively multitasking while managing day-to-day responsibilities without supervision
• Experience with cloud-based data warehouse products and visualization tools
• Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL)
• Experience with NoSQL database (Couchbase, MongoDB, or Cassandra)
• Experience implementing data ingestion pipelines using Kafka and other data connector technologies like Informatica, FiveTran, etc.
• Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of directly leading and managing high performance teams
• 6-10 years in data management role, with at least 3 years of hands-on experience implementing and deploying enterprise-wide data platforms
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.