Walnut Creek / Enterprise Information Technology Services
Director, Corporate Information Technology
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Yapstone is looking for an experienced Information Technology leader with a passion for build a solid foundation that is scalable to empower an organization in high-growth mode. We are interested in candidates that are passionate about making a difference in a start-up environment with a distributed workforce and can scale a startup into a full-fledged company. The ideal candidate will have developed a career as a hands-on resource where you might deploy a new security solution one day and present a technology plan and vision to our executive team the next. As our Director, Corporate IT, you will lead a small team covering desktop support, system administration and operations to support our distributed workforce around the world as well as multiple locations in the United States and European Union. You will work cross-functionally with executives from Product, Engineering, Legal, Facilities, and Human Resources teams to develop and implement the IT vision for Yapstone focused on 100% cloud-based services.
• Responsible for the growth and management of technical resources responsible for the hardware provisioning, technical support, and administration of Yapstone Windows, Mac and Linux endpoints/servers and SaaS platforms like Office365, Salesforce, Jira/Con software technology both on-premises and in cloud (SaaS).
• Partnering with other Yapstone leaders, sets vision and strategy for enabling and empowering Yapstone user to effectively use corporate assets and software. Including evaluating tools for productivity based on business requirement gathered.
• Development and management of the enterprise system configuration, patching and software management platform for all corporate Yapstone systems while building strategic direction moving forward.
• Create and publish IT documentation and processes to assist users and conduct training sessions where needed.
• Develop and manage disaster recovery plan for all corporate infrastructures.
• Drive adoption of cloud-based Identity and Access Management Platform leveraging OATH, SAML and Multi-Factor Authentication.
• Communicate the progress and health of systems by creating and tracking metrics based on qualitative and quantitative data.
• Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant.
• Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed.
• Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours.
7+ years of relevant experience, including at least 3+ years in a hands-on IT leadership role within a financial or FinTech company.
Experience in IT strategic planning, remote and global office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions.
Technical skills in Mac, Windows (Workstation/Server) and Linux, including administration, support and troubleshooting.
Experience troubleshooting local network related issues, including switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices.
Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP and DNS.
Experience effectively managing and building teams
Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced environments
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.