Walnut Creek / Engineering
Engineering Manager (SRE/DevOps)
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer Team Lead will design, implement, and deploy high availability public cloud solutions in partnership with Product Engineering teams. You will plan and conduct technical tasks associated with the implementation and maintenance of AWS cloud application infrastructure. The Cloud Solutions Engineer collaborates with technical leadership, various product/technology teams, and business stakeholders to develop cloud solutions to meet operational goals for high availability, geographic expansion, system performance, stability, monitoring, alerting, security, and cost efficiency.
• Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation working groups with Product Engineering teams.
• Develop automated CI / CD deployment pipelines and write Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based platforms.
• Identify opportunities to automate and improve existing processes
• Perform ROI and other cost-benefit analysis of new cloud strategies and technologies.
• Lead transformational infrastructure project implementations ensuring engineers develop technology solutions that are aligned with established technology roadmaps and efficiently, effectively leverage vendor supported capabilities.
• Works with Product Engineering team to define and architect cloud solutions with awareness of monitoring, performance, and security requirements..
• Mentor, influence, and evangelize environmental changes upon the introduction of new services
• Recommend modifications to systems to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Commitment to quality, reliability, up time, customer satisfaction, and data security.
• Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements, and conducting tool evaluations
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
• Takes ownership of end-to-end solutions provided by teams across the organization
• Previous “hands-on” experience with Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation, and design required.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS) required.
• Comprehensive experience with AWS technologies including S3, RDS, Redshift, EC2, ELB/ALB, IAM, SQS and Route53.
• Demonstrated experience migrating on-premises solutions/applications to cloud-based offerings.
• Ability to code and script in administrative type language (e.g. Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Bash).
• Experience with orchestration technologies (e.g. AWS CloudFormation, VMware vRealize Automation, OpenStack, Red Hat Cloudforms).
• Must have strong experience in network/systems management in a cloud computing environment including the use of virtualization, load balancing, etc.
• Proven experience to evaluate then introduce a wide variety of systems technologies and tools.
• Experience in creating both short and long-term cloud computing technology roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic directions, technology and business needs.
• Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and work well in a team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
• Masters (10+ years work experience) or Bachelor’s (+ 8 years work experience) degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.