Austin / Legal & Compliance
Senior Compliance Analyst, AML Investigations
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This position is responsible for monitoring and investigating suspicious activity related to payment solutions for global marketplaces and large vertical markets in accordance with policies, standard operating procedures, and federal and state consumer financial laws and regulations. This position requires critical thinking in the analysis of data to identify possible suspicious activity. The Compliance AML Investigations Analyst will review alerts related to account transactional data, making recommendations for and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports. This position requires an individual with an ability to create, interpret, and apply policy, make decisions regarding what the organization will do in relation to the scope of the department, and exercise discretion about significant matters.
• Analyze transactions to detect unusual activity, discover patterns related to money laundering and make decisions on appropriate action to take.
• Review and analyze alerts generated by AML Transaction Monitoring software, review and analyze internal AML reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding the need for further investigation.
• Manage complex cases, reviews involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts and complex ownership structures.
• Compose SAR filings and non-SAR narratives for management review and approval
• Ensure appropriate SAR related records and files are maintained accurately and are properly reconciled per regulatory requirements
• Maintain accurate procedures and desk instructions for the monitoring, investigations and filling processes
• Conduct due diligence reviews on high risk customers through analysis of customer activity compared to KYC documentation and internal/external information sources to determine if further due diligence is needed and/or change in risk disposition is warranted.
• Make recommendations for exiting customer accounts/relationships based on AML investigation and/or CDD/EDD.
• Conducts thorough reviews of operational processes and identifies way to resolve regulatory gaps and deficiencies
• Assists with the creation and implementation of suspicious activity rules and alerts
• Keeping up to date on regulations and ensuring timely reporting of all activity to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).
• Work with Compliance Leadership team to develop user training specifications for AML transaction monitoring software
• Support management in the day-to-day compliance efforts with AML/KYC requirements.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in Compliance in a financial institution, and MSB or payment-focused company with a working knowledge of regulatory BSA/AML/OFAC requirements,
• Previous experience reviewing high volume of unusual activity relating to payments,
• Prior transaction monitoring software experience
• Strong knowledge of desktop computer applications, with intermediate proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint
• Developed investigative skills inquiry and analysis, interviewing, testing, organization and presentation (both written and verbal)
• Strong knowledge of Looker Reporting Software preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail and strong time management skills
• A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities
• CAMS Certification preferred
• Ability to resolve complex issues with limited supervision
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Technology Proficiency
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.