null / Product
APAC Product Manager
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The payments team works to enable new payment and payout channels for our merchants and their users in a simple, fast, and elegant way. As APAC product manager on the payments team, you report to VP Product Emerging Markets and will be responsible for expanding locally prominent methods across APAC markets under the Emerging Markets Expansion Initiative. You will work on identifying, evaluating and improving customer journey across multiple channels by driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely with business, market analysts, business analyst, pre-sales, designers, engineers, marketing team, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that we build the right products that are seamless, consistent and provide holistic customer experience for all our merchants and consumers.
• Help shape and drive the payments strategy and roadmap for APAC region.
• Develop customer focused approach to better plan and build products to meet their needs and local market requirements.
• Payment partner evaluation, selection, and management. You will review commercial contracts and manage pricing negotiations in collaboration with global product team.
• Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve Initiative goals. You will be responsible for outlining regional payment roadmap and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
• Own the customer experience for payment functionalities, prioritize business requirements and translate requirements into features for development team.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with: Presales, Engineering, Data Services, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Fraud and Risk to build product that amaze our users.
• Represent the team in communication with cross functional teams.
• 8+ years of product management experience in building payments and financial products in fast paced organization, Payment Service Provider or bank.
• Deep experience and knowledge of payment partners, banking partners, vendors and competition in the APAC region.
• Have launched payment products including cards acquiring, bank transfer, prepaid, real time payments and other APMs in key APAC markets.
• Ability to leverage data to make informed decisions and articulate them clearly.
• Experience managing vendors and contracts. The ability to drive processes with business partners in a partner-based model of internal and vendor partners.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Self-starter approach and possess ability to get things delivered over and above KPIs.
• Ability to establish and expand relationships with senior executives.
• Prior experience building digital currencies and blockchain products preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.