Drogheda / Engineering
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The role of Software Engineer is to design, develop, and release innovative Java capabilities and services that will be the building blocks of Yapstone’s technology solutions. You will help enable us to deliver a globally scalable, secure, performant, and configurable unified platform to bring electronic payments to new and existing markets. This is an opportunity to make significant contributions to the time to market, scalability, performance, and maintainability of leading-edge digital payments platform services. You will be working with and learning from skilled senior developers using modern tools and technologies. We believe in innovation, collaboration, and accountability. As part of the team you will be responsible for the functionality, quality, and ultimate success of the pieces the team delivers.
Significant contributor in the development and implementation of changes to the core of our Java frameworks and services.
Collaborate on implementation considerations within the agile team
Contribute to the quality and maintenance of the code base through code reviews and unit testing
Troubleshoot and resolve system problems and client issues
Demonstrate best software engineering practices across design, build, and test
0-3 years of relevant professional technical experience.
Hands-on contributor, with a track record of contribution
Experience in Java and related development tools
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions
Recognize when you need help or don’t know and then seek and accept help
The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- We offer competitive health plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a pension plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, social hours and events.
- A great location in Drogheda that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters.