Walnut Creek / Engineering
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As the VP of Engineering reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will play a key role in helping Yapstone scale rapidly and deliver our product vision to be a complete end-to-end marketplace payments platform. This critical role will combine executive leadership, strategic thinking, team management, effective execution and expertise in software development and technology.
Inspirational and results-oriented leader capable of articulating the vision, and ensuring operational excellence across teams and functions
Build and maintain a culture of execution, quality, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering
Manage all aspects of the SDLC and continually improve for efficiency and effectiveness
Provide architectural guidance and implement best practices for the team, define and enforce architectural and coding standards
Work with stakeholders across the company to ensure that engineering is aligned with business objectives and product delivery
Oversee and manage Client Implementation and Technical Support teams
Develop best in class APIs and documentation to represent the business
Actively partner with and manage vendors who provide technology services and solutions to YapStone
Recruit, coach and build high-performing teams
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
10+ years’ experience as a hands-on software development manager
5+ years engineering leadership of distributed systems, platforms, and services
Demonstrated experience driving technology roadmaps, microservices architecture, SDLC and Test Automation
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills of teams across multiple geo-locations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and collaborating effectively with both business and technical team members
Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment, effectively multitasking while managing day-to-day responsibilities
Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and technologies
Experience with payments is a plus
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.