Walnut Creek / Product
Senior Director, Payments Product Managment
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Payments team at Yapstone has an ambitious goal: Transacting fast, easy and safe around the world. This team is responsible for setting the strategy and executing on the vision for core payments and payouts across various geographies.
Define and evangelize product vision and strategy for Payments and Payouts product lines across domestic and international markets by partnering with executive team, functional leads and customers
Hire and mentor a team of product managers who set the future direction for core payments
Work with product managers to prioritize and communicate high level and detailed deliverables that create an incredible customer experience..
Work with world-class engineers to execute on payments roadmap.
Work closely with Marketing and Sales to shape go-to-market strategies.
Partner closely across different team-- Payment Operations, Customer Support, Legal, Risk, Compliance -- at Yapstone to define and launch a cohesive offering where the needs of the customer as a business owner and developer are front and center.
Design and lead ongoing delivery for a multi-year product roadmap, balancing short-and long-term goals and investments.
10 years of experience in product management; providing product vision and roadmaps, and leading end-to-end product development - from Product Requirement Documents to product launches.
Expertise with payment methods spanning card and alternate payment methods in US, Europe, APAC and emerging markets
Experience leading, mentoring and growing a team of product managers.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Experience building payout products
Payment experience in industry verticals like Rental, Vacation Rental, Health Care, Education, eCommerce is a big plus
Experience with payment lifecycle -- authorization, captures, refunds, charge backs across both card and alternate payment methods.
Good understanding of back end Settlement and reconciliation process
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the Easy Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.