null / Product
Principal Product Manager
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
• Translate the needs of the business into new product requirements and capabilities
• Leading decision-making and development prioritisation via thorough analysis and recommendations
• Work collaboratively with the Engineering organisation to prioritize backlog and develop roadmap
• Provide cross functional leadership & customer advocacy for new product developments
• Ensure the maintenance and accuracy of product information, effectively updating internal channels
• Research global payment trends, competitor's landscape and policies and provide competitive insights
• Work with the wider Product and Commercial Teams to define and develop strategic roadmap for all aspects of the company’s payment capabilities
• Creatively manage the development of competitive payment products with a balance of build and partner necessary to deliver a fast time to market
• Ensure business stability, growth and enhanced product profitability
• Provide product expertise across the organisation with expert product training and advocacy
• Support the organisation with expert knowledge of the company product's technical and commercial capabilities
• Enable the organisation with the knowledge and tools to drive commercial success
• Work with go-to-market and Sales Enablement teams to deliver go-to-market strategy with clear customer segmentation, targeting and positioning
• Be the primary commercial contact for commercial teams, across a portfolio of payment products and services
• Supporting proposition queries by engaging with the sales team and top tier customers
• 10 years+ senior product experience with 5+ years recent experience in payments with a recognised payments business
• A deep understanding of payments eco system including: PayFac, Payment Gateways, Marketplaces, Bank Payments & Open Banking
• Extensive experience in eCommerce & Customer Not Present payments
• Exposure to FX, cross border and multi-regional local payments is essential
• End-to-end Product Management experience (strategy, design, road mapping, testing, to rolling the products out)
• A keen interest in cloud-native technology and FinTech
• Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
• Hands on approach, ideally with some start-up experience
• Previous experience of Confluence, Jira & Productboard
• Payments enthusiast
• Proven commercial B2B product lead
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.