null / Engineering
Director, Engineering - Brazil
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As Director Engineering you will be responsible for hiring and managing top engineering talent for the assigned region and deliver top-quality software solutions. Technical objective is to design, develop and test a microservice based payment gateway framework to enable rapid connectivity to multiple payment service providers and implement such connections in the assigned region. You will work with Product Managers, both local and remote, as well as cross-functional engineering teams across various regions to accomplish goals.
• Deliver next generation payment services by hiring and managing local developers, engaging with other delivery teams, and collaborating across the organization.
• Lead a team of software engineers to build globally scalable, highly available microservices that are designed to adapt to our rapid growth.
• Work closely with developers and product teams to develop project plans and manage timelines.
• Participate in technical reviews, ensure solutions are sound and follow architectural standards and best practices.
• Hire, mentor and manage a high performing software engineering team.
• Assess and communicate status, issues, risks, and deliverables.
• Forecast team needs and participate in planning sessions with other leaders.
• Engage in technical discussions and have strategic influence.
• BSCS or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in software development, with minimum 5 years in leadership or management role
• Proven track record building, managing, and motivating a high-performing software engineering teams across multiple geographies.
• Management and hands-on experience in high-performance, large-scale web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols.
• Experience working with a multi-national US-based company a plus.
• Strong people management and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, in a multi-cultural, multi-time zone, and matrixed environment.
• Deep knowledge of SDLC including coding, building, testing, version control, and release management best practices.
• Technical skills should include Java, cloud engineering (preferably AWS), microservice architecture, RESTful API development, Kafka, Asynchronous Messaging, and NoSQL database development (preferably Couchbase).
• Experience in Payments and FinTech is a major plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.