Walnut Creek / Sales
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As a member of the Strategic Sales team, you will be responsible for sourcing and signing significant and strategic customers to Yapstone. A commanding knowledge of the payments and technology ecosystems combined with exceptional sales acumen, closing complex sales deals with long sales cycles will be critical to success. This position is with a newly formed team in an organization going through rapid growth, so the ideal candidate will be able to function well in rapidly changing environments, internal partnership development and management will be essential.
Own end-to-end sales process for Yapstone for both inbound and outbound sales, including developing pipeline, pursuing targets, closing deals, and ensuring a smooth hand-off to Yapstone’s operational teams
Build network of key contacts at new and existing clients to ensure client satisfaction and steady lead flow to Yapstone
Evaluate Yapstone product and service capabilities to constantly improve our solution, meet client needs, and drive revenue
Create and execute relationship-based calling plans for longer term opportunities
Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
Gather feedback from the market to share with internal Yapstone stakeholders to help drive prioritization
Represent Yapstone at industry events, tradeshows, etc
5+ years payment industry experience
Sales and Business Development experience with technology firms
Individuals who act with integrity and ethics
Ability to articulate complex technical capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences
Experience working with complex payment models and building strategic initiatives with clients
Track record of exceeding goals / quotas
Powerful communication skills
Ability to thrive with ambiguity and in a changing environment
Bonus points for experience in Travel / Rental industries
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.