Walnut Creek / Accounting
Accounting Associate – Operations
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
• Verifies and posts details of payment transactions, such as funds received and disbursed to general ledger.
• Monitor, evaluate, and respond to transaction disputes for each assigned case.
• Assist in the monthly close of the subsidiary ledgers, including cash reconciliation.
• Resolve complex issues both autonomously and in a team environment.
• Research and compile evidence to validate transactions.
• Coordinate and process daily disbursements to bank for processing.
• Maintain accounting records, including filing of daily transaction reports in share point.
• Assist with collections of outstanding transactions for failed recaptures.
• Collaborate on group projects and discussions or ad hoc projects.
• Assist in the development, revision, and implementation of accounting procedures and/or desktop procedures
• 1+ year high volume accounting experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficiency with Excel
• Self-motivated and detail oriented
• Versatile, flexible and willingness to work with changing priorities
• Must be able to handle high volume of transactions
• Ability to grasp concepts and ideas quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Have strong work ethic as an individual contributor and part of an overall team.
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.