Walnut Creek / Finance
Accounting Operations Manager
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
• Lead the accounting team as we transition from transaction processing in ERP to aggregate entries
• Acting as the single lead / champion of all issues which are impacting finance / accounting function
• Owns vision and execution of scalable finance operations process automations
• Defining and owning Product Requirement Documents for all Finance and Accounting projects, working with cross-functional teams to a successful completion
• Oversees different revenue and expense streams and how they flow from upstream into finance and accounting systems
• Collaborates with Data team to define requirements for Accounting operations and reporting
• Represents Finance on any projects that will impact transaction processing, TRecs matching tool or NetSuite
• Manage team of accountants in their daily responsibilities, review their work, and invest in their growth
• Minimum 7 years’ Finance and Accounting operations experience, including advanced knowledge of month and year-end closing processes, and minimum 2 years managing others
• Experience implementing a successful General Ledger solution in a startup or similar setting
• Expertise in NetSuite as well as TRecs or other Accounting and reconciliation tools
• Experience managing and driving complex initiatives and projects
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment
• Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to analyze processes and implement continuous improvements with a sense of urgency
• Strong process and automation mind set
• Good knowledge about technology and how finance systems work
• Experience in Payments will be an added advantage
• Good understanding of data and finance and accounting data flow
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.