null / Product
Senior Market Analyst
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The payments team works to enable new payment and payout channels for our merchants and their users in a simple, fast, and elegant way. As Sr Market Analyst on the payments team, you report to VP Product Emerging Markets and will be responsible for providing new vertical support, plans, and performance insights for customer payments and facilitating continuous business improvements under the Emerging Markets Expansion Initiative. You will partner across the organization with teams, including business, product, engineering, and operations to optimize current products, processes and implement new initiatives. In this role you will collaborate with other business teams to deliver timely, actionable recommendations to our product managers. You will engage in continuous process and system improvement initiatives to enable long-term growth.
• Conduct end to end analysis for new verticals and business models to write common practices and detailed product or business requirements.
• Identify impacts to existing lines of business, product and feature set as well as operations and document functional gaps.
• Develop customer focused approach to better plan and build products to meet their needs and local market requirements.
• Understanding the functional requirements with the desired business outcomes and design solutions.
• Define the customer experience and core functionality for payments to meet business requirements.
• Go to person for product best practices, capabilities, usage and functions.
• Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve Initiative goals.
• 5+ years of experience in payments and financial products industry.
• Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and high-growth environment, see possibilities rather than challenges, and be passionate about data insights.
• Deep understanding of underlying systems and business models, regulatory and compliance requirements of the financial and payments industry.
• Have experience providing consulting on payment products including cards acquiring, bank transfer, prepaid, real time payments and other APMs in emerging markets.
• Strong ability to leverage data to make informed decisions and articulate them clearly.
• Excellent project management, organization and prioritization skills.
• You have a self-starter approach and possess ability to get things delivered over and above KPIs.
• Ability to establish and expand relationships with cross functional teams and senior leaders.
• Prior experience building digital currencies and blockchain products preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.