Walnut Creek / Sales
Senior Sales Engineer
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Yapstone is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer for its field technology services team supporting our strategic sales team. The Senior Sales Engineer will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with Yapstone’s current partners by demonstrating and presenting the value of Yapstone’s products, services, and thought leadership in platform payments
Deliver product presentations and demonstrations tailored to our partner’s requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience
Understand the platform and payments ecosystem to identify problems and generate creative solutions for our partners
Build technical expertise in Yapstone products including APIs, partner, and Merchant Interfaces and provide consultative guidance to our partners
Manage relationships with product teams & decision makers both internally and externally
Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
Previous experience (5+ years) as a technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
Understanding the Web technology stack and experience working with: JSON, RESTful APIs, Curl, relational databases, modern web technology, modern programming languages/frameworks
Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Yapstones APIs, payments, and experience building mobile apps.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the Easy Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.