null / Engineering
Sr. Software Engineer - India
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As Sr. Software Engineer you will be responsible for design, development and testing a microservice based payment gateway framework to enable rapid connectivity to multiple payment service providers and implement such connections in the assigned region. You will work with Product Managers, both local and remote, as well as cross-functional engineering teams across various regions to accomplish goals.
• Design, develop, and implement new payment service provider integrations
• Develop cutting-edge microservices focusing on payment integration with our partners.
• Work with Product team in designing and implementing new payment flows for global payment solutions.
• Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve integration issues
• Participate in test driven development and drive code quality through automated unit testing.
• Minimum of 7 years software development experience in Java/Java EE.
• Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in high-performance, large-scale solutions
• Experience building web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Experience in building cloud native applications in major cloud platforms (preferably in AWS).
• Experience in distributed message / event processing solutions like Kafka
• Proficient in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming.
• Experience with one of the NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Mongo)
• Excellent Java and J2EE coding skills
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Cucumber or Karate
• Fluent in Git
• Experience in Payments and FinTech is a major plus
• Significant experience managing, troubleshooting, and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.