Walnut Creek / Engineering
Senior Software Engineer
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Yapstone are seeking Senior Software Engineers in our payments platform and our fraud prevention platform. Yapstone is looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers to build new features in their next generation microservices-based payments and fraud prevention platforms. We are looking for experienced, Java developers who have exceled in building large scale, high volume throughput solutions to expand and scale this new platform. You eat, breath and sleep Java and have extensive experience in backend/web services solutions. You believe that quality starts with development, and thorough unit testing and code quality is an essential part of any code delivery. Both roles are high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to work from ground up. In this role, you directly impact Yapstone bottom-line, work on our customer interface and drive customer value by taking their payment experience to the next level.
• Drive design, development and implementation of our payments and fraud prevention platforms.
• You will work with our Product, Sales & Engineering team in designing new payment & fraud prevention solutions as we expand our payment processing platform to serve global markets
• Drive innovation through thought leadership, believe in test driven development and drive code quality through unit testing.
• Refactor and improve code quality to make the current implementation more scalable and maintainable.
• Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
• Own the adoption of new tools and technology
• Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
• Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
• Take ownership of all tasks assigned to you and tasks assigned to Software Engineers working on your projects
• Use data driven approach for all your technology selections and project recommendations, either through POCs or past experiences
• Minimum of 7 years software development experience in Java/Java EE.
• Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in high performance, large scale solutions
• Experience building web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Experience in building cloud native applications in major cloud platforms (preferably in AWS) a major plus
• Experience in distributed message / event processing solutions like Kafka
• Proficient in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and Object Oriented Programming.
• Experience with NoSQL database (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus
• Excellent Java and J2EE coding skills
• Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
• Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
• If working on the on-boarding, risk and fraud platform, experience with third-party vendors for risk checks is a plus (KYC, OFAC or Sanctions)
• Prior experience in payments or high transactional systems or on-boarding, risk & fraud platforms would be a plus
• BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.