Walnut Creek / Finance
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are seeking a Collections Analyst to join our growing team.
Initiate collection calls on assigned account basis in accordance with Payment Life Cycle Guidelines by exercising good business judgment and due diligence in evaluating account solvency and ability/willingness to pay
Process payments, negotiate repayment plans and take accountability for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
Investigate and analyze historical customer data and maintain detailed and accurate collection records
Enlist the efforts of Customer service, Risk, Legal, and Senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
Minimize bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections
Prioritize and complete critical daily tasks independently, while adapting to a fast paced and ever changing environment
Participate in major department projects and collaborate with other departments to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives
Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting for collections
The ideal candidate will be a go-getter, with a can-do, willing-to-learn attitude, highly organized and positive team member
Problem solver, demonstrated initiative and aptitude to work independently.
Strong attention to detail, organization and multi-tasking capabilities.
Degree in A.A. or B.A., or equivalent. Emphasis in accounting or business is preferred but not required
Entry-level experience working with large sets of data in Excel and good understanding of basic database concepts
Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a customer service orientation
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; With beginning to Intermediate Excel
Available to work during core business hours
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the Easy Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.