Drogheda / Accounting
Accounts Payable Specialist
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day accounts payable operations, monthly accounting close and requires an energetic and motivated individual that works well in a team environment and will perform a variety of accounting, analysis, and payment functions to ensure the timely and accurate processing of payments.
• Full cycle AP Process processing includes invoice coding, approval workflow, and AP disbursement, for both domestic and international companies.
• Responsible for new vendor setup.
• Administrate and process companywide expense reports, ensuring T&E policies and procedures have complied.
• Process and submit ACH and wire transfers for payment when necessary.
• Maintain accurate AP records and files to ensure compliance with IRS rules.
• Reconcile AP related balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare the annual filing of Form 1099 and 1042S for all applied vendors.
• Resolve vendors or employee inquiries regarding invoice status and payment matters promptly; perform necessary research and resolution of disputed items.
• Assist with the preparation of audit schedules.
• Perform other Ad hoc tasks as requested.
BS/BA in Finance/Accounting or equivalent major.
• 3-5 years of experience in an accounts payable role.
• High volume AP experience processing around 400 invoices & T&E reports a month
• Must be accurate, detailed oriented and able to work quickly with a sense of urgency.
• Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability to analyze processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment
• Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills along with client service skills
• Computer literate and proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with ERP system, NetSuite is a big plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task under minimal supervision.
- We offer competitive health plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a pension plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, social hours and events.
- A great location in Drogheda that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters.