null / Technical Support
Technical Support Engineer
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. You will provide technical assistance, resolve customer problems, collaborate with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects focused on support tools, knowledge base management, and overall support solutions. Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
• Provide QA, development, and production support.
• Resolve complex customer and system issues that may require escalation.
• Perform testing to tactically isolate root cause of issues.
• Clearly and concisely report system defects to development.
• Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to quickly identify appropriate solutions and workarounds.
• Take ownership of issues and see them through to complete resolution.
• Provide concise, meaningful information and support to internal staff.
• Show accountability and follow through.
• Understand and interpret Java exception logs.
• Use SQL to gather information, provide custom reports, and test application functionality.
• Create complex SQL update scripts and execute in Production database.
• Create and maintain run book for common SQL queries and database changes.
• Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting or related field.
• Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in technical support or customer service.
• Experience with support of software applications.
• Excellent team player.
• Familiarity with SQL database and demonstrate the ability to modify/create/execute data queries.
• Excellent organization, communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.