Drogheda / Engineering
Site Reliability Engineer
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at YapStone combines the best of software and systems engineering to design, build, test and maintain scalable systems and infrastructure at global scale. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will embrace automation over manual effort and ensure the availability, stability, performance, and cost-efficiency of Yapstone’s infrastructure and services.
Write infrastructure and configuration as code for repeatable deployments and infrastructure builds
Develop system and service monitors and automate alert mechanisms
Respond to and resolve system/infrastructure events, perform root cause analysis and identify future forward solutions and continual improvement
Participate in on-call rotations and ensure the highest uptime and reliability of YapStone systems and services
Monitor, detect and eliminate performance bottlenecks across the platform
Participate in capacity planning and cost optimization efforts
BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
5+ years of experience in an SRE or infrastructure engineering role
Extensive hands-on experience with Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS).
Experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, ECS, EKS, IAM roles and policies, VPCs, S3, Lambda, and CloudWatch
Fluent in one or more programming languages (Python or Golang preferred)
- We offer competitive health plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a pension plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, social hours and events.
- A great location in Drogheda that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters.