Drogheda / Engineering
Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to our cutting-edge payments platform solution. In this role, you directly impact Yapstone’s bottom-line, work on our customer interface and drive customer value by taking their payment experience to the next level. Yapstone has built a new microservices-based payments platform and we are looking for experienced, Java developers who have exceled in building large scale, high volume throughput solutions to expand and scale this new platform.
• Drive design, development and implementation of the new Global Payments platform.
• Be responsible for designing, developing the cutting-edge microservice-based platform focusing on the payments integration with our partners.
• Work with our Product, Sales & Engineering team in designing and architecting new payment flows as we aim to build global payment solutions.
• Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
• Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
• Own the adoption of new tools and technology
• Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
• Believe in test driven development and drive code quality through unit testing.
• Use data driven approach for all your technology selections and project recommendations, either through POCs or past experiences.
• Minimum of 7 years software development experience in Java/Java EE.
• Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in high performance, large scale solutions
• Experience building web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Experience in building cloud native applications in major cloud platforms (preferably in AWS) a major plus.
• Experience in distributed message / event processing solutions like Kafka
• Proficient in data structures, algorithms, design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming.
• Experience with one of the NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Mongo)
• Excellent Java and J2EE coding skills
• Experience in payments or high transactional systems
• Significant experience managing, troubleshooting and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
• Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
• Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
• BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred
Yapstone is an equal opportunities employer.
- We offer competitive health plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a pension plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, social hours and events.
- A great location in Drogheda that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters.