null / Legal & Compliance
Compliance Reporting Analyst - Brazil
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, we are committed to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Compliance Reporting Analyst (“CRA”) is responsible for the management and development of a monitoring and reporting system, policies and procedures as it relates to risk associated with money laundering, terrorist financing risks to the company. This position will ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (“AML/CTF”) framework. The CRA will be a key member of the compliance team in the development, implementation of the company’s financial investigation policies and procedures.
Compliance Monitoring and Reporting
• This position will develop and implement a variety of analytical techniques to monitor and analyse transaction and client patterns.
• Stay abreast of risks, patterns and trends associated with money laundering and terrorist financing areas as it relates to the company’s industry.
• Provide solutions, tools and techniques for analysing complex activity.
• Support in developing and implementing a case management and investigation process.
• Manage enterprise-wide transaction monitoring system to include business rule testing, documentation and implementation.
• Assist cross functional and cross jurisdictional team in tasks related to money transmitter reporting and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in implementing compliance requirements with respects to FinTech, processor, and network requirements.
• Evaluate the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes with respect to regulatory requirements, and recommend process enhancements and other improvements.
• Support Compliance team in refining, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise-wide compliance program, as well as in development and documentation of department procedures.
• Support the preparation of management reports for the Company’s Board (including compliance activity, legislative developments and risk management)
• Prepare reports and required notifications to external regulators and examiners.
• Monitor and control of important outsourcing arrangements.
• Support the operation of an effective approach to risk management and reporting of risk information to the Company’s Board.
• Act as a contact point for Internal Audit activities, where necessary.
• Timely and accurate submissions of all required reports in the various jurisdictions as required.
• Ensuring that the Company’s Board, Chief Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer remain aware, and have an up to date understanding, of the regulatory reporting environment and the firm’s approach to meeting regulatory reporting requirements.
• Prepare and deliver detailed training to relevant staff, as required, to support compliance operations.
The emphasis of this position is to develop a monitoring and reporting system and process to research and analyse financial activity of a complex nature for the identification of patterns and trends of suspicious activity as it relates to risks associated with money laundering and terrorist financing to the company.
Experience in implementing a transaction monitoring system, developing a case management process and investigation function. Collaborating with risk and fraud departments in implementing new criteria’s to deter the company’s products and services from being used for money laundering or terrorist financing activity.
• A professional compliance qualification or certification highly desirable.
• 1-2+ year’s experience in FinTech/Payments industry with in-depth knowledge of AML/CTF framework.
• Experience in USA BSA/AML monitoring and reporting requirements, a plus.
• 1-2+ year’s experience in analysing data, trends and development of business rules for transaction monitoring systems.
• Must have a strong technical understanding of business rule logic and data analytics.
• Must have a strong case management and investigation experience.
• Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
• Must have an understanding of API integration and mapping of data fields.
• Must be able to understand technical jargon and translate into understandable terms to the business functions.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, in a multi-cultural and matrixed environment is essential.
Fluent in English
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the East Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.