Walnut Creek / Administrative
Office Coordinator - CONTRACTOR
Developing innovative technologies to revolutionize the payments industry while helping customers transact in global marketplaces is not for the faint of heart. We have big goals and are looking for people to join our team who want to leave a legacy. Just as you are committing to do your best work, Tom our CEO, commits to making this the best place you’ve ever worked. It’s a partnership from the very beginning. If you are looking to step outside your comfort zone, learn new things, apply your skills, collaborate with brilliant people and have fun along the way, then you might be our next Yapster! We promise to provide you with an amazing journey along your career. At Yapstone, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees. Yapstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This position will be responsible for reception duties as well as other administrative duties at our corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, reliable, and an organized professional capable of handling all reception desk duties while also providing administrative support. Additionally, the candidate should have a friendly personality and a willingness to lend a helping hand when needed.
Greet & check-in visitors
Process incoming and outgoing mail, FedEx and other deliveries
Make photocopies and perform other clerical functions as needed
Assist in the coordination of company events including weekly breakfast and social hours as well as annual corporate events.
Assist in planning and set up of staff dinners
Produce content for company intranet
Assist in coordinating YapCares Community Service Program
Assist with the on-boarding of new employees
Create employee and contractor badges, assign keys and allow access as required
Maintain a variety of documentation and files
Assist in purchasing of office supplies, first aid supplies and ergonomic equipment as needed.
Manage various programs such as employee parking enrollment and fitness memberships
Collaborate with management and administrative teams on a variety of projects
Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum of 2 years of reception and/or office coordinator experience
Associates degree; bachelor’s degree highly desired
Equivalent experience and education may be substituted
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Outgoing, welcoming, and professional demeanor
Keen attention to detail
Ability to handle multiple requests and inquiries with little direction and in a timely manner
Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Web-savvy and resourceful with web-based research
Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
- We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision wellness plans for you and your family with low employee premiums.
- You work hard every day to build the future of our company, so we’ll help you build your future with a 401(k) plan that features employer match.
- We encourage and support our teams to take time off to recharge and reboot because changing how the world pays is no easy task.
- We care about the community where we work. Through YapCares, you get 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year to make a difference.
- Enjoy food, fun and camaraderie with breakfasts, dinners, snacks, social hours and events.
- A great location in the Easy Bay that is a reverse commute for many Yapsters, and we’re right across the street from BART.